Corporate Commitments Achieved During the 2017 Proxy Season
This proxy season ICCR members filed 300 shareholder proposals at 177 companies on a wide range of topics, in an effort to promote improved corporate responsibility [Get the full list of resolutions here]. So far, resolutions at ExxonMobil and Occidental received majority votes, 21 received votes between 40-50% and 71 received votes 25% or greater. In addition, 90 resolutions were withdrawn by the proponents as a result of corporate commitments that responded to the resolution asks. Below, we highlight important votes and resolution withdrawals achieved through productive engagement with management.
- Hormel adopted a "No Fees" ethical labor recruitment policy (read Hormel's new policy here).
- Exxon’s appointment of a climate scientist to its board of directors.
- Jack in the Box and Restaurant Brands International -- made commitments to curb or phase out medically important antibiotics used in chicken.
- Wells Fargo agreed to revise its bylaws to separate its CEO and Board Chair roles.
- And Valeant agreed to clawback executive incentive pay for misconduct
Corporate dialogues and shareholder resolutions are two powerful tools that ICCR uses to encourage corporations to improve their social and environmental records. Learn more.